Emails are either…
1. Those people who knock on your door just as you’re sitting down to dinner. Asking if you’re interested in voting for the political party you despise.
2. The friendly neighbour who offers you whatever you’ve just run out of.
This district of ConversionTown is all about making your emails into that friendly neighbour. The way we do that is by:
1. Having a powerful offer, product, or reason for emailing
2. Sending it to the right audience
3. Making sure the email captures Attention, arouses Interest, evokes Desire, and inspires Action (simple but effective AIDA technique)
4. If recipients aren’t interested, making sure the email doesn’t make them want to mark you as spam
Option 1 and 2 is down to you. Option 3 and 4 is down to me. Fair enough? Let’s do it.
Your email copywriting service includes…
Meeting requests with decision-makers
With these emails it’s about getting the “why I’m emailing and why it’s of benefit to you” in straightaway.
They only really work when they’re highly targeted. Yes it takes longer, but it’s always better to send 10 highly personalised than 1,000 generic. That’s why the email service includes:
- Research into recipient to personalise each email
- Developing tone of voice (so you stand out among the hundreds of cut-and-paste/chat GPT emails they also receive
- Developing email sequences (persistency is fine when we are offering a genuine problem-solving solution)
Onboarding your customers
Getting the SaaS sign-up is one thing. Then you’ve got to get people using your product. Maybe going from freemium to paid-for. That’s when you need:
- welcome emails
- helpful “check out this feature” emails
- “hey, we noticed you haven’t logged in for a while” emails
- “ready to upgrade?” emails
These are all about starting off relationships with your customers in the best possible way. After all, that’s when the recipient’s motivation is at their highest.
And making sure your emails arrive in their inbox and not the spam folder. Don’t worry, I can help you with that too.
SaaS community & newsletter emails
They key to these emails is always offering useful information. We can send these multiple times a week if you have something of value. Or quarterly – I do both types for clients.
And definitely no “We are delighted to announce…” intros. These emails are always about answering your recipient’s #1 question: “What’s in it for me?”
Personalization & metrics
I will personalise emails using your CRM, whether that’s HubSpot, Marketo or something else.
Naturally, this includes measuring the results. Going beyond open rates and analysing which emails actually get conversions and lead to revenue. That way we learn and optimise every time. Using data and not spray-and-pray hit-and-hope nonsense.